It’s a great pleasure to invite you to the Ninth Multidisciplinary Conference on Indigenous Peoples entitled “Territories in dispute: epistemologies, resistances, spiritualities and rights”, on 30/31 May and 1 June 2018 at the University College Roosevelt, Utrecht University (Middelburg, the Netherlands).
We will welcome papers that address the following the themes:
1. Southern Epistemologies: territories, political ecology and the Buen Vivir (Good Life)
2. Rights for nature or Rights of nature? Challenges and contributions from Indigenous worlds
3. Indigenous peoples’ cultural heritage: the 169 ILO convention, the UNDRIP and consultation processes application, challenges and future developments.
4. Conflicts and modern wars: epistemicides, knowledges, alternatives beyond modernity and conflict resolutions.
5. Defining the international political and legal impacts of the Rights of nature
6. Gender: Indigenous Feminism, Justice and Patriarchy in Indigenous worlds
7. Cross-intercultural dialogues: climate change, human rights and environmental sciences, what can we exchange and what can we learn from each other?
8. Policies: educational policies, Indigenous languages, educational access, educational pluralism.
9. Regaining consciousness, emerging identities: Indigenous Art-design, cinema and cultural property.
Paper proposals (max. 300 words) can be in English or Spanish and should be submitted by email at EMPI2018@ucr.nl up to the end of April 2018. A CV summary (max. 50-100 words) of the author/s shall be included in Spanish or English. Abstracts in Portuguese are accepted with the translation in English, however presentations are in English or Spanish.
Registration is through a Google-event invitation, please follow this link to do it:
Full information is available in the following links:
ENGLISH EMPI2018 REDEMPI ENGLISH A4
SPANISH EMPI2018 REDEMPI SPANISH
For any questions, please contact EMPI2018@ucr.nl.
Looking forward to welcoming you there,
Organizing Committee: Carolina Sánchez De Jaegher (UCR coordinator), Prof. Felipe Gómez Isa (Human Rights Institute, University of Deusto, Spain), Amelia Alva (Human Rights Center, University of Ghent, (Belgium) and Dr. Rodrigo Céspedes (Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology, Germany)
Scientific Committee: Amelia Alva (Human Rights Center, University of Ghent, Belgium), Rodrigo Céspedes (Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology, Department of Law
&Anthropology Germany), Dr. Roberto Cammarata (Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy, International Studies and Political Philosophy), Prof. Felipe Gómez Isa (Human Rights Institute, University of Deusto, Spain), Dr. Isabel Inguanzo (Área de Ciencia Política y de la Administración, Universidad of Salamanca, Spain), Dr. Salvador Martí i Puig, (Universitat de Girona, Spain), Dr. Silvia Ordoñez Ganoza (Universidad César Vallejo, Trujillo, Perú), Prof. Wil Pansters (CCHR and Sociology Utrecht University, the Netherlands), Prof. Marzia Rosti (Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy), Dr. Andrea Ruíz Balzola (Consultoría, Investigación y Formación en Diversidad y Migraciones, Bilbao,
Spain), Carolina Sánchez De Jaegher (University College Roosevelt, the Netherlands)
Dr.Chiara Scardozzi (Università “La Sapienza” Roma, Italy), Prof. Marc Simon Thomas (Utrecht University, Law, the Netherlands), Dr.Alexandra Tomaselli (Accademia Europea
Bolzano/Bozen, Italy & Karl-Franzens Universität, Austria), Dr.Sara Mabel Villalba Portillo, (Universidad Católica Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, Paraguay), Dr. Rolando Vázquez Melken (UCR-Utrecht University) and Dr. Claire Wright (Universidad Autónoma of Nuevo León, México)
Accommodation in Middelburg with special discounts:
VIDEO EMPI 2018